Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Maternity Clothes


If you are a fan of Brazilian style clothing (very high heels and inappropriately tight pants), then you are in luck!  If not, shopping for maternity clothes in Brasilia may be a bit of a challenge.  Similar to everything else in Brasilia, maternity clothes here are very expensive.  The best advice is to borrow from friends!  However, if you find yourself needing to add to your monotonous rotation of maternity wear, here are a few suggestions;

Feira do Guara - Moda Gestante
I found two stores at Feira do Guara (there may be more).  I found that sizes here run small.  I'm used to maternity clothes that are comfortable (yeah, I finally get to wear an elastic waistband) but some of the Brazilian styled pants leave you wondering if you should actually diet in order to fit into their "skinny jeans."  Most jeans were around $R250.  Tops averaged around R$80-R$120.  There were a range of shirts from those with tacky logos to those that are work appropriate -- although, a lot were polyester.  I finally did succumb to Brazilian fashion and bought myself a simple, black, cotton jumper - it was on sale for R$60.  I only wear it around the house, but was very impressed when I saw a pregnant woman wearing it in bright blue at Tower TV (she had the full jumper version with pants)!

A Barriguda
I actually found some really cute maternity dresses here.  Although most of the prices were somewhat high -- typically around $350 - $400 for a dress. I also found some very Brazilian looking jean overall type outfits.  

Here is a brief list of maternity stores in the area that I know about (I’m sure there are more):

A Gestante
Asa Sul 510, Bloco B, Loja 69
3304-2244

A Barriguda
Patio Brasilia LOJA: 508, Piso 3 
Asa Sul, CLS 315
102 Sudoete 

Moda Gestante (Feira do Guara) 
Corredor C - Box 75
3382-4163

1 comment:

  1. Parabens pela materia!!!! Excelente Post!!! www.amormae.com.br

    ReplyDelete